Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Welcome to the New School Year!

And welcome to the new home of Becky McVey's crew - Room B324!
It has been a whirlwind summer of teaching, travel and learning for me. I am thrilled to have another year with three of my favorite people on earth: Chung, Agustin and Jonah! While a lot has stayed the same, there have been some changes starting with our new location. We are now closer to the other 5th grade classrooms which will give us more mainstream opportunities. Please tell your child that we have moved and that we are in Abby's old room as this will be a transition for them on the first day. Hopefully the pictures I post here will help you explain it.

Here are some of our other changes:
Sara has decided to move on to become a full-time student in BU's Deaf Ed program.She will be greatly missed but we are so proud of her and know she will be an excellent substitute anytime Becky is out! Good luck Sara!

Taylor has also moved! Her mom, Eraina, was accepted to Yale and now "Miss T" is in a FABULOUS new school in New Haven. She has a very successful first day last week! We look forward to keeping in touch with her!

I will put up more pictures soon but here is where you can find us!
Just kidding - this is what it looked like at the
beginning of the week! I'll post the "After" pictures tomorrow once I make a few final touches! Check back Wednesday night!

Please let me know what you think of this blog and what you'd like to see here! I will update as frequently as I can and hope to get the whole class involved in telling our story! Rest assured this is a private blog - you cannot find it unless you have the specific web-address. If there are any concerns please contact me immediately: rmcvey@boston.k12.ma.us.

Here is to the 2008-2009 school year!

-Becky